West Carroll Primary School
8725 Highway 105
McLemoresville, TN 38235
West Carroll Primary is dedicated to the task of guiding our students to achieve their maximum potential of academic, technological, physical, and social growth to become productive citizens of the 21st century.
About The School
West Carroll Primary School is located in the community of McLemoresville and serves approximately 280 children in grades Pre-K through second. The building is located on a site that has been dedicated to education for many years. Bethel College was founded here in 1842 and used this location until it moved to McKenzie in 1872. The present building where West Carroll Primary is located was originally opened in 1957 as a county school that served students in grades K-8. The facility was expanded in 1989 to house students from the Lavinia School that was closed the same year.
West Carroll Primary is a Title 1 school-wide school. All teachers and teacher assistants meet highly qualified requirements as defined by the state of Tennessee. Pre-K has two homerooms and grades one and two have five sections each. All classrooms meet the state mandated student teacher ratio of 1:20. Group guidance, physical education, music, art, and library services are available to all students. The facility has 22 classrooms, cafeteria, fully equipped media center, and physical education building. Special Services are available to students with any special needs. A learning lab is available that provides computer assisted instruction in reading and math. West Carroll Primary is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).